Wireless Health 2010
Call for Papers
The Call for Papers is now closed.
Acceptance notifications will be made by July 29, 2010.
Wireless Health 2010 is the first in an annual single-track conference series convening the vanguard international research communities in Wireless Health technology and medical research with the rapidly expanding Wireless Health product and service industry, government leadership and policy makers. This conference is established to provide the highest profile academic and industrial research forum for the new field of Wireless Health. The mission of the Wireless Health 2010 organization is to include and promote an international community that will accelerate the development and adoption of this new vision for healthcare. At the same time, it is intended to create the academic research forum that enables students and faculty with the highest profile and greatest impact opportunities for publications and promotion of progress.
Wireless Health 2010 – sponsored by the Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance in cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE – will provide a critical networking opportunity that links each of the Wireless Health communities and organizations for the first time in one forum. It also provides a valuable and timely education event that informs each of the communities about opportunities that occur in this new field combining healthcare, medical research, wireless technology, information technology, and a broad set of new products and services.
Paper topics include but are not limited to:
Wireless Health Theory, Systems, and Technology
- Information systems including architectures, integrating sensing, signal processing, sensor data fusion, and related technologies
- Innovative event and resource aware technologies including compressive sensing technologies
- Novel communication systems, including in‐vivo, on‐body, and near‐body networks
- System design innovations and optimizations in system performance, energy, operating lifetime, reliability, sensing integrity, privacy, and security
- Wearable system architectures and hardware systems
- Enterprise system technology in medical informatics, including database technology
- Wireless Health individual and community guidance technology and systems
- Wireless Health end-to-end quality of service
- Energy scavenging technologies
Wireless Health Applications
- Medical science driven applications based on personal monitoring and guidance in the example areas of health promotion, disease detection and management, geriatric care, rehabilitative care, and pharmaceutical management
- Assistive technologies for geriatric subjects, the disabled, and for rehabilitation
- Wireless Health applications for consumer applications and athletics
- Protecting the health of first responders and service personnel
The Wireless Health Conference Proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library. Submitted papers should be no longer than 10 pages in the ACM conference format posted on the conference website. Papers must contain original material that has neither been previously published nor is currently under review by another conference or journal. Following the conference, authors will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems for a special issue on Wireless Health.
Best Paper Awards
Best Paper and Best Student Paper Awards will be presented at the conference.